We are your neighborhood farmer

We are your neighborhood farmers -- Get in touch at 707 347-9465 or wmorgenthaler@gmail.com

Sunday, September 17, 2017

In lieu of Sunday meeting

Canning
  • Would like to do canning tomato project soon Monday would be great for me because starting Tuesday I'm working on wood flooring
Farming
  • Clearing for cover crop is nearly done and I would like to clear all the way to the asparagus
  • Kitchen Garden has begun and I would like to move components from the existing hoop house and install them at the new location. In addition I will pick up more perlite today and more geopots so that we can continue
  • Arlo suggested planting carrots and some other routes in this area and I agree but said some in the ground protection such as using wire would be required. We will also have to cut up some of the Redwood that came off the little house two raise the beds on the edge of the wire
Flooring
  • Materials will be picked up Tuesday and upstairs bedroom and balcony will begin period after the meeting on Wednesday the main floor will begin. Duration of the job should be one week some help moving things about will be helpful at various points during the project and thus far although I have asked David for help I am pretty much doing this on my own so project could run over substantially
Grounds
  • Trucking company has been arranged quantities of materials have been calculated and tractor equipment operator has been contacted however I am still hoping for one full-time labor to hire. I have contacted Lydia and they will call me back and arrange to move the bus to the location in front of Arlo and Marina's house temporarily while we compact the driveway
Events
  • The climate change Lobby is meeting in the barn at 7 p.m. Wednesday. All tables are on call as I only have two in the barn and one I will bring up from the basement so if we have a force it would be good

No comments:

Post a Comment